Friday, October 31, 2008

Another Year for Pumpkin Carving

This past Sunday was the 10th Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest and it was a blast! But when have we ever thrown a party and it not be awesome? This year's theme was "Good Ol' Fashioned Pumpkin Carving", which basically meant that contestants couldn't use any props, paint, extras, etc. It was the exact same thing we did ten years ago, the only difference was more people, more pumpkins and age!

My brother-in-law Cole took home top prize. He carved a Redskins helmet. I have to admit it was pretty clever and creative. Second place went to our friends, Pat and Cheryl, who made a wine chiller, a bottle of wine and a cork. It was also creative. Lastly, honorable mention went to Bobby and Jesse, Rob's cousins, for their huge pumpkin with a Phillies logo on it and Missi and Steve, our neighbors, who made a hamburger.

All in all, it was a great event. The kids all wore their Halloween costumes and trick-or-treated in the back yard, plus they painted pumpkins.

I am just putting it out there that I am sick of losing! I have never taken home top prize and I think I may have to boycott next year! (Okay, I am done whining.... I can't wait until next year!) It is anybody's guest what Kristy, my sis-in-law, and I will think of next!
Enjoy the pics!

No comments: