Friday, December 19, 2008

It's Christmastime

I had the best time decorating the house with the kids. The joy they found in taking out every single ornament can't be duplicated. There is nothing more sweet and amazing about the child-like wonderment Christmas holds for them, and for us. They wanted to know where each ornament came from, what each one meant to Mommy, how long I had had them, and about a hundred other questions too. I loved it. And in case you are wondering, why three mini-trees? Well, Hayden is a monster! He would most certainly tear a big tree apart and handle all the ornaments (or shall I say possibly break), and of course every pine needle would be in his little mouth. So, this year we have the mini-trees, but next year we will have the big one back.

We also listened to Christmas music while decorating the tree and that was so great too. I love listening to the girls and Mason sing. It is just too cute. Mason's fave song right now is "The Grinch", Isabel loves singing "Joy to the World", and Evie loves singing "rum, pum, pum, pum" over and over and over from "Little Drummer Boy".

The kids are in a church play this weekend, which I am really excited about! My parents, my Sis and my bro-in-law Joe are coming, plus us. Can't wait. Mason is a sheep and the girls are angels. Would you expect anything less from these monkey's?

No comments: