Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to School: Mission Accomplished!

Although it was a very long day for me and the girls and Hay Hay, it sounds like Mason had a great day at school! This morning we started the day with homemade whole wheat pancakes (his favorite), orange juice, and some computer time. Then we all went down to the bus stop to see him off! Of course, this Mama teared up as he got his picture taken on the hill in front of our house, which was the same place as last year and the year before. It was hard to see him go off to school (all day)... and as I watched his little hands wave goodbye to me as his bus went up the hill, I cried (a little) as I think back to him being a baby, a toddler, a preschooler and now a second grader! ... Eight hours later, when his bus trucked up the hill, the girls and Hay Hay and I waited patiently for him. When that bus door opened, he was grinning from ear to ear and hugged all of us! Too too cute. The girls shrieked with excitement upon his return (he is quite popular at our house). He said that this year he has his own desk and he said he sits in the back of the class. (Wow, no more stations. My man is growing up!) Today he had two recesses and said that it was a great day. When you ask much more than that, his response is "good", "fine" and "alright". I guess that is what I have to look forward to. And of course he came home with a ton of paperwork for me to shuffle through... I thought I was done with school. Long story short; it was a successful day for all!

1 comment:

tt/kk said...

Mason MAN!!! Hope you are having fun at school!! IT was great to have you here last week. I never thanked you for killing that bug out on my deck. I was sooooo scared. But you were not!!! I hope to see you soon! Aunt T.T